1. Focus on issues, not on personalities. That means avoiding personal attacks.
2. Separate your own opinion from the facts as you know it.
3. Acknowledge your hidden agendas. We all have them.
4. Make sure you can restate the views of others before you debate them.
5. Don’t interrupt when others are talking.
6. Don’t filibuster when it’s your turn to talk.
7. Check with all participants, especially the silent ones.
8. No hallway or parking lot discussions. Share in the proper meeting.
9. Wear all your hats during the discussion. Look at it from every perspective.
10. Don’t advertise the disagreement, but demonstrate full support of the decision.
Let’s keep it positive people.
Take Away: As much as it depends on you be at peace with all people.