1. God doesn’t love or care for us. Truth: nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.
2. God is not interested, it’s too small a thing. Truth: He has the hairs of our head numbered.
3. It’s too big a thing to bother praying. Truth: the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous person avails much.
4. We can handle it ourselves. Truth: “Trust in the Lord with all our heart and do not lean on your own understanding.”
5. Our ideas and opinions are God’s. Truth: “His thoughts are not our thoughts.”
6. God is on our side. Truth: God does not choose sides. We must seek to align ourselves with Him and His will.
Take Away: So-called facts of their day were eventually proven wrong by those who sought truth.